Job Opening, Communications and Business Development Coordinator
The Communications and Business Development Coordinator is an energetic, team-oriented professional who provides coordination, administrative and programming support, enabling the organization to empower and engage Chattanooga’s Latino population through advocacy, education and inclusion. La Paz Chattanooga provides a safe and welcoming environment for area Latinos to come together and build community, develop leaders and support a more inclusive Chattanooga.
The Communications and Business Development Coordinator performs critical tasks for the organization as assigned by the Director of Business Development and Marketing. This position coordinates the organization’s communications functions and assists with the administrative duties related to revenue generation and the support of the Compañía membership-based initiative in order to advance the organization’s overall mission and standing.
Classification: Exempt Reports to: Director of Business Development and Marketing
- Assists the Director of Business Development and Marketing with the implementation, sustainability and evaluation of the organization’s annual communications plan
- Creates communications collateral and the content for social media, media/press releases, newsletters, proposals, letters, service-oriented marketing catalogues, website updates, blog-stories, and others in both English and Spanish
- Tracks activities and impact data to be used for reporting requirements
- Represents La Paz Chattanooga on various media channels
- Reviews and maintains the utilization and usage of the organization’s brands.
Revenue Generating Support
- Manages invoicing, tracking, reporting and acknowledgements for sponsorship, fee-for- service revenue, and corporate sales programs
- Secures and maintains positive relationships with funders in the areas of corporate contributions, advertisements, and sponsorships
- Prepares proposals, letters and follow-up communication with prospects and clients
- Creates and supports products, goods and services to support income generation
Compañía Membership-Based Initiative
- Responsibility for the monthly membership fulfillment, tracking, and renewal process with an aim to growing membership numbers and retaining existing members
- Plans and organizes Compañía-related meetings, special events, and activities
- Maintains the membership data integrity in Donor Management System
- Assists with new membership communications and initiatives
- Communicates membership value and benefits
Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience preferred: Minimum 1 year in similar position.
- Education preferred: Minimum higher education degree with focus on communications, marketing, business development or similar area of study
- Applicant must be highly organized, self-motivated, professional, and able to manage details.
- Position requires the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The applicant must have experience with and knowledge of Latino culture and community.
- Must have capacity to fully communicate (written and verbal) in English and Spanish.
- He/she will relate well and communicate in an effective and pleasant manner with the public and have the ability to write in a clear, concise and grammatically correct manner.
- Strong ability and comfort in public speaking.
- He/she should be able to perform duties requiring independent judgment with minimum supervision.
- Applicant must be able to maintain confidentiality and possess a commitment to the mission of La Paz Chattanooga.
- Experience using the Adobe Software/Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom), Final Cut Pro video editing/production and/or other related communications software tools preferred.
- Applicant must have basic computer knowledge and skills utlizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite applications) and of standard office practices, principals and methods.
- Applicant will recognize projects requiring his/her attention and volunteer as needed.
Send resume, cover letter, and three references (non-family) by October 31, 2017 to email@example.com.
or mail to
La Paz Chattanooga, c/o Employment, 1402 Bailey Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404