La Paz Community Partnerships
The goal of the La Paz Community Network is to bring together like-minded organizations, churches, and groups for the purpose of advancing efforts that recognize, empower, advocate, educate, and include the Latino culture in the region.
La Paz would love to collaborate with others on community projects that meet the vision and goals of our mission. If you have a project in which you would like to partner with La Paz, please contact Patrick Miles, our Director of Community Engagement.
What La Paz CAN do for other organizations (*NOTE: these do not constitute a partnership):
- Hire us through Compañía — Compañía is La Paz’s business development initiative through which we offer consulting services such as: cultural competency trainings for your team, translation and interpretation services, strategic planning consulting, and marketing strategies to help your organization reach or better serve the Latino market of Chattanooga. Please contact Christian Patino to set up an initial meeting.
- Post your company’s job opportunities on our website — La Paz’s website has a dedicated jobs board where community members go to find information about work opportunities. Click here to post an opportunity.
- Add your community events to our calendar — Our calendar lists a wide range of events relevant to the Latino community. Email your event information to email@example.com and we will gladly post your event on our calendar. Be sure to pass along all the event details (title, description, date, time/hours, location, and contact person).
- Bring your flyers and brochures to our office — As the hub for the Latino community, La Paz’s office includes a dedicated Latino Resource Center, a space where community members come to receive services, referrals and learn about what is happening in the community. We will gladly post your flyers and brochures in our center. Stop by our office any time Tuesday through Thursday from 9am to 4pm to drop off your materials.
- Monthly Facebook round-up post — Due to a high number of requests from other agencies who want to share their information via our social media channels, La Paz will begin posting a monthly round-up of relevant links and events from other organizations on our Facebook page. To be included in the post, please send your links to firstname.lastname@example.org by [last Thursday of the month] and we’ll make sure to include it in our round-up.
- Set up a mutual partnership to offer joint programming — If you want to collaborate with La Paz to offer ongoing programming in the Latino community, please email our Community Engagement Director, Patrick Miles. We’re happy to discuss ways to set up a mutual partnership between our organizations.
- We are enthusiastic about helping organizations diversify their boards. Attend our monthly Compañía community luncheons to network with some of Chattanooga's great Latino leaders.
- Invest in the cultural competency of your employees by paying for their Compañía membership.
* Please note, we hold the right to deny any requests if we feel it does not align with the mission of La Paz Chattanooga to guide, connect and empower Chattanooga’s Latino community.
What La Paz CANNOT generally do for other organizations...
- Generally, unless it is urgent information, we cannot post your events/information on our social media pages outside of the monthly round-up post — social media algorithms (like those on Facebook) make it so that the more an organization posts, the less views those posts will receive. We want to ensure our community is receiving the information we feel is most vital for them via our social media channels. So, outside of the montly round up of info and news we share, we will focus our social media posts on La Paz services, programs, news, and events.
- Our staff cannot provide free interpretation or translation services — Translation (written) and interpretation (spoken) services require advanced technical skills and time from staff members who work hard to provide our services to our clients. We do offer interpretation and translation services as a paid-for service. To learn more, please contact Christian Patino. We do have limited availability of volunteer interpreters for La Paz collaborative programs and projects.
- We cannot organize volunteers for your event on short notice — Our volunteers donate a lot of time and talent to help strengthen the Latino community. We respect their time and ask that you give us advanced notice of your event.
- We cannot attend panel discussions or make presentations on short notice — We need advance notice to review your request and communicate with the appropriate staff member to attend your event. We may deny a speaking request due to limited staff availability or if the nature of the presentation does not align with the mission of La Paz Chattanooga.
- Participate in political focused rallies, campaigns and activities. — As a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, La Paz cannot engage in political action oriented activities.
For More Information
To learn more about the La Paz Community Network, please contact Patrick Miles, Director of Community Engagement, at email@example.com or call the La Paz office at 423-624-8414.