Internships at La Paz
We offer internships year-round for students or young professionals seeking to learn the basics of non-profit management, client services, office administration, social service, intercultural affairs, and special event programming.
Interships at La Paz give students real-world experience in a local nonprofit setting. In addition, our network of community and corporate partners allows for the opportunity to network with potential employers who are seeking out candidates with the knowledge and experience to help them achieve their organizational goals.
Types of Internships
La Paz has two main types of internships, described below.
All La Paz internships are NON PAID and require a minimum of 15 hours per week for at least ten weeks in one semester.
Client Services Internship
In partnership with the City of Chattanooga Office of Multicultural Affairs, La Paz offers a special client services internship that lives out of our Latino Family Resource Center. Client Services Interns assist our client services staff with providing direct services, consultations, and resource connections to help our Latino clients thrive in the community. 1-2 intern positions available each semester.
Qualifications & Eligibility - must be full-time student, at least a sophomore, have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and 18 years of age. Must be proficient in Spanish (advanced conversational or greater). Must have a course of study with emphasis in social services, counseling, international affairs, international law, women's studies, legal assistant studies, health and wellness, child and family studies, or education.
Nonprofit Administration Internship
Administration interns assist the leadership and administrative staff in areas of management, program development, strategic planning, communications, marketing, community partnerships, volunteerism, event planning, and donor cultivation. 1-2 intern positions available each semester.
Qualifications & Eligibility - must be full-time student, at least a sophomore, have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and 18 years of age. Spanish proficiency is recommended but not required. Must have a course of study with emphasis in nonprofit management, communications, graphic design, business, marketing, computer science, community development, international affairs/political science, non-governmental affairs, public policy, and Spanish.
Deadline to Apply
See application process below.
- Fall Semester Internships - August 31
- Spring Semester Internships - December 15
- Summer Internships - April 30
- First, speak with your career or academic counselor at your institution to determine if our eligibility standards align with the internship qualifications needed for credit at your school.
- Click on the button below to apply (and indicate appropriately the type of internship for which you are interested). This will open a separate page/tab to fill out the internship application.
- Fill out and submit the application no later than the deadline dates listed above.
- Email your résumé and three references to email@example.com.
- Once your application, references, and résumé have been received and reviewed, you will be notified if you qualify for an interview. We will then set up an in-person or Skype/Face-Time interview.
- Afterwards, we will notify you of your status (internship offer).
Contact Patrick Miles, Director of Community Engagement and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the La Paz office at 423-624-8414.