Communications & Design Intern - Spring 2017
La Paz Chattanooga is seeking a digitally savvy, creative, and eloquent communicator to join the La Paz administrative team. Core responsibilities for this internship include content creation and campaign management in both our digital and print communications.
The Communications and Design Intern is an administrative internship. This person will be instrumental in sharing La Paz's "voice" across multiple communications platforms, ensuring our communications provides quality and effective messaging. You're work will be essential in helping to communicate our organization's efforts in the region with several audiences, including our clients, partners, donors, and community members. Our communications efforts are bilingual in English and Spanish.
This is a NON-PAID full time internship from January 23rd, 2017 – May 26th, 2017. Credit is available to those eligible.
Social Media Analysis and Strategy
- Work with the Director of Community Engagement and Communications to identify effective communications and social engagement across various platforms (Pinterest, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr).
- Create and manage campaign specific social media strategies
- Track digital metrics with respect to following as well as conversion
- La Paz's audience and create related and specific content for both digital and print communications
- Draft copy for the lapazchattanooga.org website, email newsletters, and brochures/flyers
- Regularly draft, revise and produce content for the La Paz Chattanooga blog (Tu Voz)
- Help to build relationships with La Paz supporters by engaging and providing support, encouragement, and answering any questions they may have about our organization.
- Perform additional adminstrative support duties as needed to assist the La Paz Chattanooga staff.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of digital communication platforms (social media, e-communications, web)
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, clear communications
- Passion for the mission of La Paz Chattanooga and the Latino/Hispanic and immigrant communities
- Knowledge of communications campaign strategies
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign (or related publishing software), Adobe Photoshop, Pixelmater or related image creation/editing software, and basic html.
- Basic graphic design skills is a plus
- Self-motivated and capable of taking initiative to find solutions
- Experience with constituent relationship management (CRM)/donor-management softwares a plus
- Videography and video content development a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
ABOUT LA PAZ
We are a group of idealistic and dedicated professionals who share a desire to passionately build unity and strengthen the community by focusing on individual, family, and community care and support. Our main audience is the region's Latino/Hispanic and immigrant communities, but we serve and assist anyone who comes through our door. Each of our team members are bilingual, have a Latin American connection, and have unique gifts and professional skills that combine to be an effective change agent for the region. And we're fun!
Deadline to Apply
- First, speak with your career or academic counselor at your academic institution to determine if our eligibility standards align with the internship qualifications needed for credit at your school.
- Click on the button below to apply (and indicate appropriately the type of internship for which you are interested - administrative or client). This will open a separate page/tab to fill out the internship application.
- Fill out and submit the application no later than the deadline dates listed above.
- Email your résumé and three references to email@example.com.
- Once your application, references, and résumé have been received and reviewed, you will be notified if you qualify for an interview. We will then set up an in-person or Skype/Face-Time interview.
- Afterwards, we will notify you of your status (internship offer).