Community Engagement and Program Support Intern - Spring 2017
La Paz Chattanooga is seeking a passionate, empathetic, and motivated individual to join the La Paz administrative team. Core responsibilities for this internship include assisting the Director of Operations and Director of Community Engagement with program management and building and maintaining partnerships with community partners.
The Community Engagement and Program Support Intern is an administrative internship. This person will be instrumental in sharing La Paz's "voice" with the community and establishing collaborative efforts to help the organization fulfill it's mission. You're work will be essential in providing the direct services and partnership efforts in helping to guide, connect, and strengthen our community . Our communications efforts are bilingual in English and Spanish.
This is a NON-PAID full time internship from January 23rd, 2017 – May 26th, 2017. Credit is available to those eligible.
Program Analysis, Strategy, and Implementation
- Work with the Directors of Operation, Client Services, and Community Engagement and Communications to identify methods to develop, improve, sustain, and facilitate quality services and programs for La Paz clients and the community at large.
- Develop, evaluate, and strengthen curriculum for La Paz program and outreach efforts
- Develop the tools to evaluate and facilitate the tracking of metrics with respect to program/service participation and personal development
- Building relationships and effectively communicate with clients and program partners
- Researching opportunities to further the goals of each program (including grant opportunities)
- Facilitate instruction if needed
- Sending communications pieces related to programs
- Entering data into our program/project management software and client and constituent relationship management databases
- Assisting with the logistics related to program events and courses
- Update social media related to programs (in collaboration with other La Paz staff)
- Organizing and maintaining program binders and files
- Perform additional adminstrative support duties as needed to assist the La Paz Chattanooga staff.
Programs and Services
Below are the various programs and services in which this intern will assist.
- Mi Futuro Leadership and Educational Initiative
- ESL and Intercambios
- La Palabra Book Club
- Lideres Comunitarias
- Entre Nosotras
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Interest in working with the community and non-profit industry
- Reliability in carrying out expected tasks and communicating results
- Passion for the mission of La Paz Chattanooga and the Latino/Hispanic and immigrant communities
- Project management skills
- Instruction skills
- ESL instruction experience a plus
- At least one year of experience working in an office environment or doing clerical work
- Tolerance and acceptance of differing religious and political views
- General working knowledge of both PC and MAC computers, Internet communications
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated and capable of taking initiative to find solutions
- Experience with project management softwares a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
ABOUT LA PAZ
We are a group of idealistic and dedicated professionals who share a desire to passionately build unity and strengthen the community by focusing on individual, family, and community care and support. Our main audience is the region's Latino/Hispanic and immigrant communities, but we serve and assist anyone who comes through our door. Each of our team members are bilingual, have a Latin American connection, and have unique gifts and professional skills that combine to be an effective change agent for the region. And we're fun!
Deadline to Apply
- First, speak with your career or academic counselor at your academic institution to determine if our eligibility standards align with the internship qualifications needed for credit at your school.
- Click on the button below to apply (and indicate appropriately the type of internship for which you are interested - administrative or client). This will open a separate page/tab to fill out the internship application.
- Fill out and submit the application no later than the deadline dates listed above.
- Email your résumé and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application, references, and résumé have been received and reviewed, you will be notified if you qualify for an interview. We will then set up an in-person or Skype/Face-Time interview.
- Afterwards, we will notify you of your status (internship offer).