Internships at La Paz
We offer internships year-round for students or young professionals seeking to learn the basics of non-profit management, client services, office administration, social service, intercultural affairs, and special event programming.
Interships at La Paz give students real-world experience in a local nonprofit setting. In addition, our network of community and corporate partners allows for the opportunity to network with potential employers who are seeking out candidates with the knowledge and experience to help them achieve their organizational goals.
Types of Internships
La Paz has THREE main types of internships, described below.
All La Paz internships are NON PAID and require a minimum of 15 hours per week for at least ten weeks in one semester. All applicants must be a full-time student, be a current or rising sophomore, have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and be 18 years of age or older.
Client Services / Social Impact Internship
La Paz offers a social service focused internship that stems from our Latino Family Resource Center. Social Impact Interns assist our client services staff with providing direct services, consultations, and resource connections/referrals to help our Latino clients thrive in the community. 1-2 intern positions available each semester.
Qualifications & Eligibility - Applicantsfor these internships must be proficient/bilingual in Spanish and English (advanced conversational or greater). Must have a course of study with emphasis in social services, counseling, international affairs, immigration law, women's studies, legal assistant studies, health and wellness, child and family studies, or education.
Business Development / Marketing / Communication Internships
Business Development Interns assist La Paz's business development (called Compañía) and marketing staff in the areas of consulting services, Compañía member communications and recruitment, program planning and facilitation, communications, marketing, event planning, and blogging. We typically have 1-2 intern positions available each semester.
Qualifications & Eligibility - Applicants for this internship must have a course of study with emphasis in nonprofit management, communications, graphic design, business, marketing, computer science, and/or Spanish. Spanish proficiency is recommended but not required for this internship.
Community Engagement Internships
Community Engagement Interns assist the community engagement and development (fundraising) staff in areas of donor prospecting/cultivation/solicitation/reporting, church partnerships, strategic planning, communications, community partnerships, volunteer management, and organization administration. We typically have 1-2 intern positions available each semester.
Qualifications & Eligibility - Applicants for this internship must have a course of study with emphasis in Christian outreach/ministry, nonprofit management, communications, computer science, community development, international affairs/political science, non-governmental affairs, public policy, and/or Spanish. Spanish proficiency is recommended but not required for this internship.
Deadline to Apply
See application process below.
- Fall Semester Internships - apply by July 31
- Spring Semester Internships - apply by December 15
- Summer Internships - apply by April 30
- First, speak with your career or academic counselor/professor at your institution to determine if our eligibility standards align with the internship qualifications needed for credit at your school.
- Click on the button below to apply (and indicate appropriately the type of internship for which you are interested). *This will open a separate page/tab to fill out the internship application (we recommend doing this via a computer instead of a phone).
- Fill out and submit the application no later than the deadline dates listed above.
- Email your résumé and three references to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application, references, and résumé have been received and reviewed, you will be notified if you qualify for an interview. We will then set up an in-person or Skype/Face-Time interview.
- Afterwards, we will notify you of your status (internship offer).
Contact Patrick Miles, Director of Community Engagement and Development, at email@example.com or call the La Paz office at (423) 624-8414.