Community Engagement and Administration Internship Overview
La Paz Chattanooga is seeking a passionate, empathetic, and motivated individual to join the La Paz communith engagement and administrative team. Core responsibilities for this internship include assisting the Director of Community Engagement and Development with donor cultivation and stewardship, outreach program management (including volunteer program), building and maintaining partnerships with community partners, and various administrative duties.
The Community Engagement and Administration Intern is an administrative internship. This person will be instrumental in sharing La Paz's "voice" with the community and establishing collaborative efforts to help the organization fulfill it's mission. But this internship also must have the ability and willingness to do a lot of data entry and administrative functions. You're work will be essential in providing the supportive services and partnership efforts in helping to guide, connect, and strengthen our community (especially through our Community Circles). Our communications efforts are bilingual in English and Spanish.
This is a NON-PAID full time internship. Credit is available to those eligible.
Outreach Analysis, Strategy, and Implementation of Community Circles
- Work with the Director of Community Engagement and Donor Development to identify methods to develop, improve, sustain, and facilitate quality outreach services and community partnerships to benefit the region's Latino community, volunteers and the community at large.
- Will assist in the facilitation, coordination, evaluation, reporting and improvement of La Paz's new Círculos Comunitarios (Community Circles) model for community support and engagement.
- Develop the tools to evaluate and facilitate the tracking of metrics of outreach efforts.
- Build relationships and effectively communicate with participants, volunteers and outreach partners
- Research opportunities to better meet the strategic community outreach and development goals (including grant opportunities)
- Facilitate instruction and volunteer if needed
- Send communications messenging to partners regarding outreach efforts and programs
- Enter data into our program/project management software and client and constituent relationship management databases (Donor Perfect)
- Assist with the logistics related to special events, programs and courses
- Update social media related to community engagement efforts (in collaboration with other La Paz staff)
- Organize and maintain administrative binders and files
- Perform additional adminstrative support duties as needed to assist the La Paz Chattanooga staff.
Programs and Services
Below are the various programs and services in which this intern will assist.
- Círculos Comunitarios (primary)
- Mi Futuro - Latino Youth Leadership and Education
- ESL and Intercambios
- Church Partnerships
- Community Support Campaigns
- Regional Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- La Palabra Book Club
- Promotoras (Community Health Advocates)
- Entre Nosotras
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Interest in working with the community and non-profit industry
- Reliability in carrying out expected tasks and communicating results
- Passion for the mission of La Paz Chattanooga and the Latino/Hispanic and immigrant communities
- Project management skills (understanding of Trello a plus)
- Instruction skills
- ESL involvement (instruction experience a plus)
- At least one year of experience working in an office environment or doing clerical work
- Tolerance and acceptance of differing political views
- General working knowledge of both PC and MAC computers, Internet communications
- Time-management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated and capable of taking initiative to find solutions
- Experience with project management softwares a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
ABOUT LA PAZ
We are a group of idealistic and dedicated professionals who share a desire to passionately build unity and strengthen the community by focusing on individual, family, and community care and support. Our main audience is the region's Latino/Hispanic and immigrant communities, but we serve and assist anyone who comes through our door. Each of our team members are bilingual, have a Latin American connection, and have unique gifts and professional skills that combine to be an effective change agent for the region. And we're fun!
Deadline to Apply
- Fall Semester Internships - apply by July 31
- Spring Semester Internships - apply by December 15
- Summer Internships - apply by April 30
- First, speak with your career or academic counselor at your academic institution to determine if our eligibility standards align with the internship qualifications needed for credit at your school.
- Click on the button below to apply (and indicate appropriately the type of internship for which you are interested - administrative or client). This will open a separate page/tab to fill out the internship application.
- Fill out and submit the application no later than the deadline dates listed above.
- Email your résumé and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com.
- Once your application, references, and résumé have been received and reviewed, you will be notified if you qualify for an interview. We will then set up an in-person or Skype/Face-Time interview.
- Afterwards, we will notify you of your status (internship offer).