La Paz Chattanooga is the leading Latino organization in southeast Tennessee. La Paz Chattanooga’s team is bilingual, bicultural and skilled at meeting the needs of, and engaging with, the diverse Latino community. The organization seeks an additional team member with exceptional social service skills. The ideal candidate will have experience interacting in a respectful manner with individuals of diverse backgrounds and hold a commitment to the advancement of the Latino community. Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
Position Description & Responsibilities: Bilingual Case Manager - Youth Homelessness Demonstration Project (YHDP) will provide case management services from screening and intake to discharge including: completing client assessments; developing, implementing, coordinating and reviewing self-sufficiency plans; and providing discharge and after-care. The Bilingual Case Manager performs a broad variety of critical tasks for the organization, frequently in a confidential manner, as assigned by the Director of Social Impact.
● Develop and maintain knowledge of community resources
● Assess housing barriers of young adults and families experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs
● Assist participants in locating and securing housing of their choice
● Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from appropriate social service agencies and/or community programs
● Serve as an ongoing liaison between property managers and participants as well as between participants and neighbors, as appropriate.
● Develop a housing procurement, financial, and self-sufficiency case management plan with
clients This shall include intake interview to determine client’s needs, goals, and eligibility and
provide discharge and after-care planning and implementation for the assigned caseload.
● Assist participants in development of a strength-based/solution-focused individualized goal and action plan that promotes permanent housing and self-sufficiency; develop an effective, timely referral network in order to ensure ongoing direction and support as needed.
● Provide proactive follow-up that may include home visits to ensure stability and further progress towards self-sufficiency; this includes support, advocacy, reducing isolation, listening, problem solving, and identification of resources to assist with reintegration of participants in the community.
● Provide housing counseling and budget training for clients to help prepare them for housing.
● Protects client information in a safe and confidential manner using secure database tools
● Helps build positive relationships with team and external partners
● Works with staff members and procedures to ensure efficiencies and maximize success
The ideal candidate:
● Bilingual in Spanish and English as well as cultural understanding and awareness required
● Experience working with the Latino community and/or providing services to the homeless and low-income population
● The candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships with the client population, be able to relate to individuals making significant life decisions, and be supportive of individuals’ increasing independence.
● Knowledge or understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities as well as “strengths based” case management. The ability to establish and set appropriate limits with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence.
● Computer software skills including Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
● Excellent communication skills, particularly listening, mediation, and writing skills.
● Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness
Position & Compensation: The Bilingual Case Manager - YHDP is a full time role earning $36,000 a year. Additionally La Paz provides a health and communications stipend totaling $350 a month, vacation/PTO benefits; health stipend; vision/dental insurance; paid winter holiday.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line - Case Manager).