Updated: Sep 7
La Paz Chattanooga is the leading Latino organization in southeast Tennessee. La Paz Chattanooga’s team is bilingual, bicultural and skilled at meeting the needs of, and engaging with, the diverse Latino community. The organization seeks an additional team member with exceptional social service skills. The ideal candidate will have experience interacting in a respectful manner with individuals of diverse backgrounds and hold a commitment to the advancement of the Latino community. Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
POSITION SUMMARY: Bilingual Case Manager will provide case management services from screening and intake to discharge including: completing client assessments; developing, implementing, coordinating and reviewing self sufficiency plans; and providing discharge and after-care. The Bilingual Case Manager performs a broad variety of critical tasks for the organization, frequently in a confidential manner, as assigned by the Director of Social Impact.
● Identifies and provides direct services to clients such as general counseling, advocacy, and information and referral to help households access and mobilize resources to meet their needs
● Answers phone calls, texts and replies to requests for information; provides information and/or direct calls internally and takes messages when needed
● Maintains a productive and welcoming work environment for clients/visitors and staff
● Develop and maintain knowledge of community resources
● Assess barriers to determine service needs and assist in navigating resources
● Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from appropriate social service agencies and/or community programs
● Serve as an ongoing liaison between agencies and clients
● Develop a self-sufficiency case management plan with clients. This shall include an intake interview to determine client’s needs, goals, and eligibility and provide discharge and after-care planning and implementation for the assigned caseload
● Assist participants in development of a strength-based/solution-focused individualized goal and action plan that promotes permanent housing and self-sufficiency; develop an effective, timely referral network in order to ensure ongoing direction and support as needed
● Provide proactive follow-up to ensure stability and further progress towards self-sufficiency; this includes support, advocacy, reducing isolation, listening, problem solving, and identification of resources to assist with reintegration of participants in the community
● Protects client information in a safe and confidential manner using secure database tools
● Helps build positive relationships with team and external partners
● Works with staff members and procedures to ensure efficiencies and maximize success
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
● Bilingual in Spanish and English, cultural understanding and awareness required
● Experience working with a diverse Latino population
● The candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships with the client population, be able to relate to individuals making significant life decisions, and be supportive of individuals’ increasing independence
● Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to manage large caseloads and work independently as well as collaboratively with a diverse team, under minimal supervision
● Computer software skills including Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
● Excellent communication skills, particularly listening, mediation, and writing skills
● Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness
● Preferred: degree and/or experience in Social Work, Social Services or similar
COMPENSATION: $36,000; In addition to compensation La Paz Chattanooga provides a health and communications stipend of $350 a month totaling $4,200 annually, plus life insurance, short term/long term disability and 401K benefits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee may be required to drive distances of up to 100 miles and occasionally farther. Employees may be required to attend functions outside of work hours and on weekends.
Extensive use of computer keyboards and telephones is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more about La Paz Chattanooga, visit our website at lapazchattanooga.org. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line - Case Manager).