We're Hiring: Bilingual Case Manager
La Paz Chattanooga is the leading Latino organization in the southeast Tennessee. La Paz
Chattanooga’s team is bilingual, bicultural and skilled at meeting the needs of, and engaging with, the diverse Latino community. The organization seeks an additional team member with exceptional social service skills to manage cases from intake to referral and resolution. The ideal candidate will have experience interacting in a respectful manner with individuals of diverse backgrounds and holds a commitment to the advancement of the Latino community. Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
Position Description & Responsibilities: Bilingual Case Manager
The Bilingual Case Manager performs a broad variety of critical tasks for the organization, frequently in a confidential manner, as assigned by the Director of Social Impact.
• Greets clients/visitors in a positive, helpful and pleasant manner.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of community resources.
• Identifies and provides direct services to clients such as general counseling, advocacy, and
information and referral to help households access and mobilize resources to meet their needs.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and other social services agencies in the city/state.
• Protects client information in a safe and confidential manner using secure database tools.
• Answers phone calls, texts and replies to requests for information; provides information and/or direct calls internally and take messages when needed.
• Maintains a productive and welcoming work environment for clients/visitors and staff.
• Helps build positive relationships with team and external partners.
• Works with staff members and procedures to ensure efficiencies and maximize success.
The ideal candidate:
• Bilingual English and Spanish required.
• 1-2 years of experience in customer service, advocacy or social service role.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Proficiency using digital tools including Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Detail oriented with ability to manage a large caseload while maintaining client confidentiality.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a diverse
team, under minimal supervision.
• Adaptability to meet the needs of diverse clientele.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience; vacation/PTO benefits; health stipend; vision/dental insurance; paid winter holiday.
To learn more about La Paz Chattanooga, visit our website at www.lapazchattanooga.org. Email resume to email@example.com.